Crow’s Landing is an auxiliary field that served Alameda Naval Air Station and NASA Ames Research Center / Moffett Field. It opened in 1942.
From the 1960s to the ’90s NASA used it to conduct flight tests on experimental aircraft. The Navy also used its runways to simulate carrier landings, installing portable “Meatball” lights and arrestor cables.
The base closed in 1999. Shot March and April 2013. While the tower remains, all the other structures on this site have been razed.
Info courtesy “Abandoned and Little Known Airfields.“